Porn is an industry designed by men for male consumption. Mainstream porn sexualizes violence towards women, and there is increasing demand from men who view porn to see more violence committed towards the women in porn. Boys as young as 13 have admitted that they have raped their younger sisters or other girls after viewing porn.
BDSM is ruled by male doms. Yes there are women involved in being dominant, but this is a minuscule percentage compared to the amount of men who are. Most of the pictures I see of people being tied up, beaten, abused etc. are of women. And the few that I see of sub men are extremely different to the other pictures. Either way, BDSM is violence and is sexualizing violence, mainly towards women. And as I already said, just because a select few women feel that they benefit from or are empowered by things like BDSM and porn, there are A LOT more women who don’t. The women who feel positive about it do not speak for the hundreds of thousands of women who have been raped, abused, assaulted etc because of these things.
- 9 out of 10 men desire sex as portrayed in pornography (which is the sexual exploitation of women and their bodies - common themes in mainstream porn include beating, choking, raping, harassing and violating women)
- The average lifespan of pornography performers is 37.43 years
- 66% have herpes, 12-28% have STDs, 7% have HIV
- 90% of 8-16 year olds have viewed online porn
- The average age of entry into prostitution is 13
- The average career length of a female porn star is 3 months, due to the extreme damage done to their bodies
- Porn stars are given drugs and alcohol by the pornographers and managers in order to “get through” scenes
- Female porn stars are often raped and denied the right to say “no”, and a lot of the videos you see online are actually videos of rape
- Porn promotes racial fetishization and perpetuation of racial stereotypes
- Porn prioritises male sexuality over female sexuality
- Porn promotes paedophilia (“teen” is the highest searched porn term. “babysitter”, “barely legal” etc.)
- Porn promotes the fetishization of lesbians
- Porn promotes the fetishization of trans* people (terms such as “shemale” and “tr*nny”)
- Porn promotes white, thin, hairless, eurocentric beauty standards.
- Porn warps male sexuality and causes men to enjoy degrading and being sexually violent towards women from increasingly younger ages
- 205 porn stars have died prematurely from AIDs, drugs, suicide and homicide between 2003 and 2014
- A recent content analysis of the 50 best-selling adult videos shows that across all scenes, 94% of aggressive acts were committed against women
- Linda Lovelace, the infamous star of the highest grossing adult film, “Deep Throat”, was regularly raped, beaten, choked, threatened with guns, forced into prostitution and beastiality and all in all forced into pornography against her will.
- There is an increasing demand for more violence against women in pornography
- Scientific studies show that prolonged exposure to porn resulted in a loss of compassion towards women rape victims and women in general, an increasing acceptance in rape myths, an increased insensitivity towards victims of sexual assault, an increased acceptance of violence towards women, a predisposition to the willingness to rape, a need for more violent forms of sex and a desensitization towards hardcore and violent pornography
How Porn Has Hijacked Our Sexuality:
What’s Wrong With Pornography:
"Ordeal" - Autobiography of Linda Lovelace:
Ex-Pornstar Shelley Lubben:
"Pornland" by Gail Dines:
Go read through that and educate yourself. I don’t see what’s so hard about not watching or supporting porn. It is a vile industry and it needs to be abolished, not “made better”.